The Film Guide An Interview with Liz McGeever | The Film Guide | English Movie Reviews Hollywood | thefilmguide.eu

Friday, May 1, 2015

An Interview with Liz McGeever

An amazingly down to earth, positive and impressive personality, Liz McGeever was an absolute sweetheart and the fact that she was so thankful and appreciative of this interview shows how humble and kindhearted she is. Her answers are very intelligent and the pictures prove that she is beauty and brains combined. Enjoy!



1. Hello, you were outstanding in the slasher/comedy “Crazy Bitches”, can you guide us through your early life and eventual breakthrough in Hollywood.

Thank you! Initially, I discovered acting through theater -- my first lead role was Sandy in the musical “Grease” in high school. In an intro cinema class in college, I was awestruck by the film “Red” by KieÅ›lowski.

Immediately I changed my major to Drama and French. Afterwards, I spent a year in Paris, then on to Atlanta where I started working in theater, commercials, television, and independent films. That’s when I decided to make the move to Los Angeles.




2. In your journey so far what has been the most difficult time for you regarding your career in Hollywood? What, in your opinion, is/will be your biggest break in Hollywood?

There can be an ebb and flow of work as an actor, and I've found it’s best to constantly make work for myself in order to stay active creatively, which in the end makes me feel good. I've started writing and have found that very satisfying. I am now in post-production on my first short that I wrote, co-produced and starred in. It’s called “Lemon Tree,” directed and co-produced by my friend Katey Wheelhouse. It was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life seeing it go from being on paper, to being brought to life on set with an actual crew. In a way I feel like making my own features will be my biggest break, because the process will allow me to push myself constantly in new and challenging directions.





3. Does a casting couch exist in Hollywood?

Yea, I think it probably does, but I have not come across it.


4. Which up coming projects excite you, please give us an elaborate detail of each one you want to discuss?


Director Jane Clark of “Crazy Bitches” is actually in pre-production on “Crazier Bitches.” I look forward to seeing how my character develops and changes in the sequel.



5. On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes, underwear or anything else?

Lately, I've been addicted to planting & gardening! A lot of my spare change goes to buying the plants, pottery, soil, and shovels, etc. Succulents have been my plant of choice, since they really thrive in the Los Angeles climate making them easy to keep alive. They’re not something I grew up seeing around, so they seem so magical. Also, gardening is pretty meditative, and it’s fun to literally play in the dirt.

6. Where do you think you will be after 25 years?

Ideally, I’d be still working as an actor, making my own movies, and spending time and traveling with my loved ones.

7. Describe yourself in three words?

Optimistic. Adventurous. Kind.



8. Who, in your opinion, are the most overrated actor and actress in the industry?

Hmmm, not sure…

9. What is your dream role/project?

To be in a modern day Annie Hall, or to film something in France!

10. What do you enjoy more, film or television?

I enjoy both - in my experience TV tends to move at a quicker pace, which can be challenging but rewarding, and film you have a little more time to play, which is nice.

11. Do you see yourself as more of a hot body or is there a serious actor hidden somewhere?

Ha! The creative part has always been the draw for me: learning about different sides of myself that help me connect to a character, playing off other actors, going to new places emotionally, expanding and always learning.

12. Do you believe in flaunting it if you have it?

You may as well highlight your good qualities instead of covering them up, sure!

13. What are your views about sex in cinema, how far would you go to make a role convincing in this regard? Is there a line that you wouldn't cross or would you be willing to give the audience the real feel?

In my experience—just one make-out scene—the director and the other actor were extremely professional and careful to discuss boundaries and make sure everyone felt comfortable. After that, you just try to be present in the moment. Scenes like that are always going to be a bit awkward no matter how you prepare.

14. What's the best compliment you have ever received?

That I let myself be surprised while in a scene.

15. What's the meanest thing or harshest criticism you have ever heard about yourself?

I've probably blocked it out.


17. Your message to the world and your fans?

Thanks for your support and love!



18. A few words about thefilmguide.net

Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of this, and thanks for supporting independent film.

No comments :

Post a Comment